MEATBALLS SERVED OVER SPIRALIZED ZUCCHINI
4 MEATBALLS PER SERVING
NEUTRAL ON ALL STEPS OF THE METABOLISM MIRACLE!
1 pound extra-lean ground beef or turkey
11/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
ground pepper as desired
2-14 ounce can(s) of diced or chopped tomatoes
1 Tbls balsamic vinegar
3 large zucchini, spiralized
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
½ cup grated Parmesan
1. In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef or turkey, fennel seeds, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and egg.
2. Wearing plastic gloves, mix and knead the above ingredients until totally combined.
3. Form 16 “balls” and refrigerate them for 30 minutes to 1hour allowing the egg to bond with the meat and the flavors to blend.
4. Over medium heat, and using a large sauce pan sprayed with cooking oil, add onion, garlic.
5. Sauté over medium heat for about 8 minutes until onion is lightly golden and translucent (stir often)
6. Add the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and simmer until the sauce has thickened (about 20 minutes).
7. Spray a large saute’ or fry pan with cooking oil spray. Add meatballs and cook over medium heat for about 12-15 minutes, gently turning so all sides get browned.
8. Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and simmer together for about15 minutes.
9. Cook the spiralized zucchini in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain and divide onto 4 plates.
10. Finally, top with the meatballs and sauce and garnish with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.