Low Carbers…close your eyes and envision French toast. Hmmm, delicious. Here’s a recipe for French Toast that is NEUTRAL on all Steps of The Metabolism Miracle. NO COUNTABLE CARB GRAMS when you use http://www.greatlowcarb.com/bread and Walden Farms syrup or jelly!
NO CARB FRENCH TOAST WITH SYRUP or JELLY (The Great Low Carb Bread Company Way!)
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and add 2 Tbls oil. Set aside
- On a salad plate, pour scrambled eggs, liquid egg whites, or egg substitute. Use 1 egg or 1/3 cup liquid eggs per slice of http://www.Greatlowcarb.com bread.
- Add 1/8 tsp salt and ¼ tsp cinnamon, if desired. Stir into the eggs on the plate
- Dip bread, one slice at a time, into the egg mixture….let it soak in the eggs for 30 seconds and flip for another 30 seconds (eggs will absorb into the bread). Repeat on another slice of bread, if desired.
- Heat the treated skillet over medium/high heat.
- When oil is warm, add 1-2 slices of bread and cook until it is golden brown.
- Flip bread over and cook the other side until golden brown
- Place on your plate and top with Walden Farms Syrup or Jelly.
Add ¼ cup of fruit and this becomes a 5 gram Counter Carb.
Follow Diane Kress at: www.dianekress.wordpress.com! Accurate state-of-the-science health information, recipes, and Everything Metabolism Miracle!