“Dr. Mehmet Oz in the Hot Seat on Capitol Hill”
The Senate Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Product safety seeks to protect consumers from false and deceptive promotion of weight loss products
***Following this article are the top 7 articles I’ve written exposing Dr. Oz’s deception through the years:
To kick off the hearing, the subcommittee viewed a video clip of Oz extolling the virtues of green coffee bean extract in 2012. The FTC had recently sued a Florida company, Pure Green Coffee, accusing it of using fake news websites and bogus weight-loss claims to market the beans.
“I don’t get why you need to say this stuff when you know it’s not true. . . . Why would you cheapen your show?” McCaskill asked Oz.
“When you feature a product on your show, it creates what has become known as the ‘Oz effect,’ dramatically boosting sales and driving scam artists to pop up overnight using false and deceptive ads to sell questionable products,”
This is Dr. Oz’s answer. Remember, he is “America’s Doctor,”….“My job on the show is to be a cheerleader for the audience and give them hope,” he said.
He defended his endorsement of green coffee beans and other nontraditional treatments, including raspberry ketones and garcinia cambogia.
For over 4 years I have been exposing lies and mistruths that Dr. Oz smilingly passed along to millions of viewers on his top- rated TV program: The Dr. Oz Show.
Dr. Oz behaves more like the Wizard of Oz than an MD/Cardiologist. He has become a supplement promoter and pusher and has been putting his stamp of approval on practices and pills/supplements that can harm the health of his viewers.
Every MD takes an oath: the Hippocratic oath. Here’s a short passage from the oath that Dr. Oz took:” I will follow that system of regimen which, according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patients, and abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous”.
Through the years, one of my publishers received several phone calls from Dr. Oz’s camp demanding that I stop critiquing Dr. Oz’s statments. My publisher suggested that maybe I should stop exposing flaws in his promotions.
No. I am an advocate for the people regarding health and wellness. If I see, read , watch , or hear that is a blatant lie, I intend to expose it. If a company, person, or brand does not want to be exposed for lies and mistruths…they would do best to be honest and forthright.
- GARCINIA CAMBOGIA NONSENSE: https://dianekress.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/garcina-cambogia-dr-ozs-newest-tongue-twister-supplement-according-to-oz-this-is-the-holy-grail-of-weight-loss-holy-cow/
- REVERSING HEART DISEASE NONSENSE https://dianekress.wordpress.com/2010/08/12/dr-oz-reversing-heart-disease-and-liquid-plumber/
- A PLEA TO DR. OZ to STOP THE MADNESS: https://dianekress.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/dear-dr-oz/
- GREEN COFFEE EXTRACT NONSENSE: https://dianekress.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/truth-in-health-research-the-latest-magic-pill-based-on-magic-research-funded-by-the-supplements-manufacturer/
- RASPBERRY KETONE NONSENSE: https://dianekress.wordpress.com/2014/03/29/an-open-letter-to-mehmet-oz-spoonfuls-of-vinegar-and-raspberry-ketones-do-not-a-healthy-person-make-2/
- WHITE BEAN EXTRACT NONSENSE: https://dianekress.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/white-bean-extract-and-the-wizard-of-oz-2/
- ALL NATURAL WAYS TO WIPE AWAY CARB CRAVINGS NONSENSE: https://dianekress.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/all-natural-weight-loss-solutions-that-will-wipe-out-your-worst-carb-cravings/