One of my favorite parts of Christmas morning was finding what Santa left in my Christmas stocking. When I was a little girl, Santa would always make sure to include an orange and some walnuts… just what every young girl wants. Maybe Santa was onto something… no Skittles, no M&M’s, no chocolate covered marshmallow snowman. There was always one candy cane, the darn walnuts, and an orange.
This year, I decided to compile a list of some things that can be added to your “Letter to Santa” or hinted to friends and loved ones as simple, inexpensive gifts that can help us start the New Year ready to begin a new, healthy lifestyle!
1. A copy of The Metabolism Miracle: Contains the NY Times Bestselling core Miracle lifestyle program that is changing the weight and improving the health of thousands around the world! You can read about it at : http://www.themetabolismmiracle.com or order at http://www.amazon.com/Metabolism-Miracle-Regain-Control-Permanently/dp/07382138612 . Available in hardcover, paperback, and Kindle editions!
2. The Metabolism Miracle Cookbook : The companion cookbook to The Metabolism Miracle or The Diabetes Miracle. The first 100 pages outline the diet/lifestyle program and then….175 recipes. Easy to make, delicious, and fit seamlessly into the program! Can be ordered online: http://www.amazon.com/Metabolism-Miracle-Cookbook-Delicious-Healthy/dp/0738214256/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291395590&sr=1-1 Also available in Kindle format.
3. The Diabetes Miracle: Written for those with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, The Diabetes Miracle contains to core Miracle lifestyle program and is an all-inclusive information center for the latest regarding type 2 diabetes. In paperback and Kindle format at: http://www.amazon.com/The-Diabetes-Miracle-Prevent-Permanently/dp/0738215058/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0
4. A subscription to Miracle-Ville! Miracle-Ville.com is the online support group for followers of the Metabolism Miracle and The Diabetes Miracle. The author personally answers questions, there are exclusive videos, online chat, blogs, forums, recipes, tips, and amazing support. Can give a one month to a one year subscription….pennies/day! http://www.miracle-ville.com
A gift card to Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com: A great idea so you or the gift recipient can purchase the version of Metabolism Miracle that they prefer, as well as the Metabolism Miracle Cookbook or The Diabetes Miracle!
4. Vitamin boxes: There are so many different options on the market to keep in the home or office, or throw in your purse, briefcase, or overnight bag. Choose a daily or weekly option to organize your multivitamin, fish oil, calcium, and B complex vitamins. No more forgetting to take your vitamins daily!
5. A bottle of wine: Since MM followers can a glass of wine on Steps 1, 2, 3… bring a smile to someone’s face with a nice bottle of Cabernet, Chablis, Champagne, or Pinot Noir.
6. An exercise DVD: Daylight savings time and the colder weather make exercising and walking/running outside more difficult during the winter months. You can get your heart rate up without ever leaving the comfort of your living room.
7. A pedometer: Not everyone has a lot of time for an hour at the gym. Wearing a pedometer is a great way to keep track of extra steps that you take each day. Park your car father away from your building at work or the mall and take the stairs instead of the elevator. The pedometer will show you the difference that the changes make.
8: A travel mug: Take your green tea on the go! A travel mug is big enough to use two green tea bags at once! Perfect for getting in the recommended amount of 2 green tea bags/day.
9. Green tea: Would be a great gift when paired with the travel mug. There are so many different flavors available on the market now, you are sure to find one to fit your tastes.
10. A day planner: Great for followers of all Steps of Metabolism Miracle or Diabetes Miracle to journal food logs which helps with timing of 11-20’s on Step 2, or even keeping track of daily exercise.
11. A water bottle: And not just any water bottle… this is a 32 oz water bottle. The MMer only needs to fill this up twice each day to fulfill their 64oz decaf fluid recommendation.
12. Dark chocolate: A yummy way to brighten any MMer’s day! Make sure you check the label to make sure it fits into the Step that you are following. Recommended: 60% dark cacao Ghiardelli Chocolate squares.
13. Pocket sized alarm: Forget how many hours it was since you last ate? Not anymore with a portable and pocket-sized alarm clock. A great way to set a reminder for when to have your next meal or snack.
14. A jump rope: An “old school” way to get some good old fashioned cardio! A jump rope can be used anywhere there is enough space to jump. ..even a hotel room if you are traveling. Get your heart rate pumping a few times a day to get in extra activity while following Metabolism Miracle.
15. A scented candle: Part of the MM lifestyle is to relax and de-stress. Lighting a fabulously scented candle promotes the feelings of a good mood. The most common scent used for relaxation is Lavender… but feel free to choose whatever scent soothes you.
16. A Red Ryder BB gun: Just don’t shoot your eye out.
17. An orange and walnuts: Again?