One of my favorite parts of Christmas is finding what Santa has left me in my Christmas stocking. When I was a little girl, Santa would always make sure to include an orange and some pistachios… just what every young girl wants. Maybe Santa was onto something… pistachios as a neutral snack and an orange as an 11-20 on Step 2??? Hmmmm.
This year, I decided to compile a list of some things that MM followers can send to Santa (or hint to their loved ones) as to what they would like to find in their stockings on Christmas morning or as any holiday gift. This list also provides great ideas to gift givers for their friends and family following The Metabolism Miracle lifestyle….
1. A paperback copy of The Metabolism Miracle: Perfect for enjoying snuggled up next to the fireplace, or for reading on the beach or an airplane. Unlike its hardcover counterpart… the soft cover makes it easier to carry when traveling! The official release date is December 28, 2010 but an elf told me that it might be available on December 20th…check your store or online bookseller or:
2. The Metabolism Miracle Cookbook : A fantastic gift for anyone..young or old… following the MM way of life. Perfect for anyone who likes to cook, or is looking for healthy alternatives to classic favorites. The answer to MM friends who have asked for fun food creations for all Steps of the program. Features a very informative introduction outlining the MM way of life and all of the Steps. A great “all in one” gift for anyone on your holiday shopping list. Also set for release on December 28, 2010…but that same elf hinted it may be available as early as December 20….
3. A gift card to Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, or Borders: A great idea so you or the gift recipient can purchase the version of MM that they like, or The Metabolism Miracle Cookbook when it is released in stores!
4. Vitamin boxes: There are so many different options on the market to keep in the home or office, or throw in your purse, briefcase, or overnight bag. Choose a daily or weekly option to organize your multivitamin, fish oil, and B complex vitamins. No more forgetting to take your vitamins daily!
Standard and unique options available here: http://www.forgettingthepill.com/vorganizers.html
Cute, fun, and sparkly: http://www.crystallizedcollection.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5&sort=20a&page=1
5. A bottle of wine: Since MM followers can a glass of wine on Steps 1, 2, 3… bring a smile to someone’s face with a nice bottle of Cabernet or Pinot Noir.
To ship anywhere in the US to someone 21 and over: http://www.wine.com/
6. An exercise DVD: Daylight savings time and the colder weather make exercising and walking/running outside more difficult during the winter months. A great indoor alternative is Leslie Sansone’s line of walking DVD’s. You can get your heart rate up without ever leaving the comfort of your living room.
There are many different options offered here: http://www.walkathome.com/store/cat-walkingworkouts.php
7. A pedometer: Not everyone has a lot of time for an hour at the gym. Wearing a pedometer is a great way to keep track of extra steps that you take each day. Park your car father away from your building at work or the mall and take the stairs instead of the elevator. The pedometer will show you the difference that the changes make.
Many makes and models can be purchased here: http://www.pedometersusa.com/view-all-pedometers.html
8. A travel mug: Take your green tea on the go! A travel mug is big enough to use two green tea bags at once! Perfect for getting in the recommended amount of 2 green tea bags/day.
A variety of styles and colors can be found here: http://www.buzzmug.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=8&cat=All+Travel+Mugs
9. Green tea: Would be a great gift when paired with the travel mug. There are so many different flavors available on the market now, you are sure to find one to fit your tastes.
For a great line of fresh and flavorful green teas: http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Green-Teas/
10. A day planner: Great for followers of all Steps of MM to journal food logs which helps with timing of 11-20’s on Step 2, or just keeping track of daily exercise.
Different sizes and options available here: http://www.officemax.com/home/custom.jsp?id=m7500198&cm_sp=banners-_-ataglance-_-postit
11. A water bottle: And not just any water bottle… this is a 32 oz water bottle. The MMer only needs to fill this up twice each day to fulfill their 64oz decaf fluid recommendation.
Can be purchased here: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/57487?pi=955766&qs=3012739-Google_Base&subrnd=0
12. Dark chocolate: A yummy way to brighten any MMer’s day! Make sure you check the label to make sure it fits into the Step that you are following,
A package of dark chocolate squares can be purchased here: http://www.ghirardelli.com/products/squares_dark60.aspx
13. Pocket sized alarm: Forget how many hours it was since you last ate? Not anymore with a portable and pocket-sized alarm clock. A great way to set a reminder for when to have your next meal or snack.
This is a pretty nifty model that serves as a flashlight, too..and adjusts to times all over the world: http://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?id=2309&cid=200
14. A jump rope: An “old school” way to get some good old fashioned cardio! A jump rope can be used anywhere there is enough space to jump. ..even a hotel room if you are traveling. Get your heart rate pumping a few times a day to get in extra activity while following MM.
To pick a style that best suits you or the gift recipient check out this website: http://www.jumprope.com/
15. A scented candle: Part of the MM lifestyle is to relax and de-stress. Lighting a fabulously scented candle promotes the feelings of a good mood. The most common scent used for relaxation is Lavender… but feel free to choose whatever scent soothes you.
A company that offers calming scent mixes that can be ordered in a variety of sizes: http://www.beanpodcandle.com/beanpod/products.aspx?c=22
16. A Red Ryder BB gun: Just don’t shoot your eye out.